Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Phony island

Creative writing was always my favourite subject. I pestered and pestered the teachers for our books back to see my marks. I always knew I would do well because of the effort i put in but the gratification of seeing a star or score became addictive. 
Suppose its the same way we are now attached to checking out notifications on Facebook. Is someone going to approve or comment or give their two cents on something I've written. This is what makes this different. And I'm going to have to get used it. 

Cooked a whole fish today. Eyebollocks and everything. Poor bugger didn't stand a chance. Was delicious!
We have left St Tropez and are heading to some islands towards Nice. Plus minus 2 hours of sailing. 2 hours of quasi-relaxing and enjoying the view but always on guard. On the ready for a water or snack or coffee. 

That is what most of my job is; being there ready for anything but out the way. It's hard to relax completely at times like these because as Murphy would have it, as soon as you get comfy something is needed. 


I love how the clouds play tricks on the sea reflections. So many greys and blues and aquamarines. 



No comments:

Post a Comment